We’re as renowned for our people as we are for our tech. So, once a month, we put a member of our team in the spotlight to learn more about their role, why they’re good at it, and what their advice is for the wider world of marketing…
1. Summarise your role in one paragraph
I head up the front-end development team and my role is to work alongside my colleagues to bring the designers’ visuals to life. This involves me checking that the work is fully responsive and looks great across all devices. Secondary to this, I ensure that all tracking is functional throughout all of our clients’ websites and that their forms are pulling through relevant information back to our platform.
2. What’s your favourite part of the job?
I love the variety – every day I’m working on something different and no single one is the same. We are constantly bringing onboard more clients, which increases the diversity of my role each month.
3. Which one word would your colleagues use to describe you?
Experimental – I’m always trying new things and technologies to see how we can improve the way we do things in the front-end team.
4. And the word you think best describes Force24?
Automation – it’s literally a part of our tag-line! Our platform works with limited human intervention – you set up what you want to do and the system sorts the rest for you.
5. Why do you personally think Force24 stands out from competitors?
Our super quick client support. Most online chat features leave the customer sitting at their desk waiting for long periods of time, so we strive to ensure all clients get the help they need within minutes. For example, as soon as we receive a query the request is raised with the relevant team straight away.
6. The phone rings and it’s your dream client… who would it be?
Force24 is really pushing forward in the travel sector, so getting a call from a large car manufacturer or an airline would be great.
7. What’s your favourite feature within Force24’s marketing automation platform?
I don’t really have a favourite as such. But what I like is that no matter what the client needs, all of our features work together in harmony, to produce what would normally be a complex journey, in just a few simple steps.
8. The office attracts quite a lot of attention from visitors. What’s the best bit?
I love the new branding that’s been added to the sides of the building – it really makes us stand out from the crowd!
9. What is the biggest challenge facing the marketing industry over the next 12 months?
I think user protection is going to become a major issue for some marketing companies. The new GDPR laws that were introduced last year have meant we’ve already seen some big companies falter.
10. And your top marketing hack?
Really think about what the client wants, and how you can improve the way you do things to make their jobs easier – even if in turn it makes yours harder.