We’re as renowned for our people as we are for our tech. So, once a month, we put a member of our team in the spotlight to learn more about their role, why they’re good at it, and what their advice is for the wider world of marketing. This time, it’s the turn of our account exec Steph…
1. Summarise your role in one paragraph
I work alongside Emma on our largest retail clients, organising their weekly comms, setting up retargeting journeys, analysing campaigns and providing insight/improvements.
2. What’s your favourite part of the job?
I love evaluating results to further improve our campaigns. In our portal we can see the immediate impact of any changes we make, and it’s so positive to see revenues increasing as a direct result of our strategic advice.
3. Which one word would your colleagues use to describe you?
Ok, so I asked the team and they all settled on ‘diligent’! I get the job done within the time allocated, and my keen eye for detail means it’s a speedy process for the fast-paced environment our retail clients work in.
4. And the word you think best describes Force24?
Innovative. Our technology is amazing and each new release to our portal makes my job – and that of other marketers – much easier!
5. Why do you personally think Force24 stands out from competitors?
We’re all fresh, like-minded marketing pros, which makes it great when we collaborate on ideas.
6. The phone rings and it’s your dream client… who would it be?
Bare Minerals – having a background in the beauty industry means I would love to work with a brand like this.
7. What’s your favourite feature within Force24’s marketing automation platform?
Journey Manager. I love how easy it is to use and it also gives you a lot of free time once built.
8. The office attracts quite a lot of attention from visitors. What’s the best bit?
Definitely the kitchen, and also doggy cuddles from our Force24 mascots.
9. What is the biggest challenge facing the marketing industry over the next 12 months?
Working in email is always challenging, with the likes of Microsoft and Google always changing the rules when it comes to inbox management. This is great for the end user, however it means we have to stay on top of our game when it comes to deliverability and ensure we’re at the forefront of the industry.
10. And your top marketing hack?
Start simple. When you first venture into Marketing Automation it’s vital to take it a step at a time.